Italian Turkey Meatballs
Delicious Italian Turkey Meatballs. Classic recipe with less fat and less calories.
- 1/2 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 2/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Japanese panko style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Place the ground Italian sausage and lean ground turkey into a large sized mixing bowl. Mix briefly with a clean hand to combine the two meats together. Then, place the egg whites, Japanese panko style breadcrumbs, minced red onion, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, garlic powder and fat free milk into the bowl as well.
- Mix the contents of the bowl together with clean hands until all the ingredients are completely incorporated. Then, line a baking sheet with a single piece of parchment paper. Form the mixture into around 20 meatballs and then place onto the baking sheet.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water and then place your baking sheet onto the center rack of your oven. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the meat balls are cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Any good marinara sauce would go excellently with them.