Spicy, Sweet and Sour Nuts
Between the crunchy texture and all the complementing flavors- salty, spicy, AND sweet, they just hit every note with your taste buds. Plus they are so simple and quick to make- just roast the nuts and toss with the other ingredients immediately out of the oven. Done. Couldn’t be easier.
- 2 1/4 cups (18 oz.) assorted unsalted nuts, including peeled peanuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans and whole unpeeled almonds
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine and spread them out on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Thoroughly toss the toasted nuts in the spiced butter and serve warm.